Joined: 18 Aug 2005
|Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:28 pm Post subject:
The low ink indication is triggered by hardware within the ink cartridge. The ink cartridges have unique hardware identification numbers assigned to them and when that number changes, the unit knows that a new ink cartridge has been installed and resets the ink counters however since the customer has refilled a cartridge that the unit is familiar with, the customer will have to manually reset ink counters by performing the following reset:
1. Take two pieces of scotch tape and put the sticky sides together so that you have two smooth surfaces. Make sure the two pieces of transparent tape are long enough to cover the copper circuitry strip on the back of the cartridge.
2. Wrap one smooth side of the transparent tape over the copper circuitry strip. Affix the ends of transparent tape to either side of the cartridge so that it stays in place
3. Reinsert cartridge in the printer. Note: You will get an error message displayed stating either incorrect cartridge or incorrectly installed cartridge, etc.
4. Remove the cartridge from the printer.
5. Remove the tape from the circuitry strip and reinsert the cartridge.