Joined: 07 Jul 2009
|Posted: Tue May 08, 2012 9:36 pm Post subject: CIS instructions for Brother LC75
|Continuous Ink System for use with Brother MFC-J280W / J430W / J5910DW / J625DW / J6510DW / J6710DW / J6910DW
Before using this product, please read and follow all instructions. After opening your package, make sure to check that all the accessories are included.
a. Continuous Ink System (1) b. Air breathers (4) and plastic pieces (2)
2. Set-Up Continuous Ink System (CIS)
a. Before installation, lay out all your parts in front of your printer.
b. Check your system for any leaking and no visible defects.
3. Cartridge Installation
a. Install the cartridges the same way you would install the original cartridges.
b. Remove the small plug from the cartridge and install the air breathers wide end side into the cartridge.
c. Insert plastic piece into cartridge door sensor so that the printer is able to function with the cartridge door open.
d. Installation is now complete, run a test print to make sure the system runs smoothly.
4. Refilling Ink
To refill the cartridges, follow these steps:
1. Take out the cartridge from the printer and remove the big plug from the cartridge.
2. Refill the proper color of ink into the corresponding cartridge and use a damp paper towel to wipe off
any ink that has spilled.
3. Make sure you use the low foam inks for the System as they are specifically designed for optimal results.
1. From time to time please remove the air breathers and rinse them thoroughly with water to remove any ink that
has built up and let them dry prior to reinstalling them.
2. Store between 15-35 degrees Celsius.
1. Do not ingest ink and keep out of reach of children.
2. Do not leave under sunlight or in extreme weather conditions.